Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015 Rocked It!

Mom (me) had the most amazing Mother's Day. Ron told me that we could do anything I wanted for my day! I might steal Grandma Harriet's language and call it the best Mother's Day so far! The kids greeted me with amazing homemade cards that I will cherish. They keep getting better and better. And Presley even treated me to some special treats -- an US Weekly magazine and some nail polish for our girls' pedicures.

To start the day, we planted our annual flower pots and also did some yardwork. While this might not seem glamorous to most, I was excited to be working side by side with my family without them complaining. And the flower pots are done! We planted 11 flower plants/beds, swept the patio, and pulled some weeds!



We all then showered and headed into St. Paul for some exploration and new experiences! We started with a trip to the The Schubert Club Music Museum located in the iconic Landmark Center. When we arrived, we were delightfully surprised to hear and see the St. Paul Symphony putting on it's annual Mother's Day Concert in the atrium.



The Schubert Music Club Museum was formed by women in 1882. It's a free museum that offers visitors a reflection on music-making through the centuries and through the exploration of different instruments including the harpsichord, gamelans from Indonesia, and exercise bike instruments. The kids loved that most of the instruments could be played by them. I also loved the massive “cyclone” sculpture of instruments, which reminded us of our visit to the EMP in Seattle in 2014.





After the museum, we went to the Happy Gnome for some Euchre playing, a yummy lunch, and some beer flight tastings.



We then ended our evening with a nice evening at home -- some bread baking, craft decorating, and movie watching! What a great family and a great day!




No comments: